To Our Valued Patients:
I hope this letter finds you and your loved ones well. I am writing to give you an update on the opening of our office.
As you know, we take pride in holding ourselves to the highest standards in cleanliness and technology. As a result, we are taking the utmost precaution to combat the unique challenges posed by COVID-19 by adopting the Universal Respiratory Infection Control guidelines. These benchmarks are even more stringent and protective of both staff and patients than what is currently required by the ADA, CDC, and OSHA.
Under these guidelines our team will:
- Pre-screen patients over the phone when scheduling appointments
- Require patients to call us upon their arrival and wait in their cars. We will notify patients when we are ready for them to come into the office.
- Check all patients’ temperatures
- Have patients complete a COVID-19 screening form
- Provide patients with masks (if they are not wearing them already)
- Supply hand sanitizer to patients when they enter the office
- Guide patients to the treatment room
- Have patients complete a medical history update
- Administer an oral rinse to patients, which neutralizes bacteria and viruses for several hours
- Wear protective hoods
In addition, we have updated our office safety procedures to include:
- Whole office and individual room air cleaning and disinfection
- Broadened and continued use of antibacterial, antiviral ozone water
- Additional decontamination of rooms with high volume suction
You can learn even more about how we practice dentistry safely in the age of COVID by visiting Maximum Isolation Dentistry, a project I developed with my colleague Dr. Mark Birnbaum.
Although these are trying times, I am optimistic that we will all persevere and overcome. Thank you in advance for your patience.
Dr. Bruce Silver